A Fresh Start to 2020! 🧼🚿
Good as New!
Ready to kick 2020 off with a fresh start?! Then go ahead and toss your favorite Charleston Shoes right into the wash to get them looking good as new. We have all of the steps you need to keep your shoes looking great through the ’20s!
*Note: Only our elastic shoes can be machine-washed.
Just complete these four easy steps by putting any of our elastic shoes into your washing machine. After washing the shoes, be sure to allow them to air dry. If you’re looking for some other handy tips to keep in mind when you’re cleaning shoes, be sure to follow these important dos and don’ts:
Dos of Cleaning Shoes
- Do wash laces separately. Before you wash shoes, be sure to remove the laces and insoles of your shoes. Wash the laces in a separate mesh laundry bag.
- Do take a look at any stains before cleaning your shoes. Notice any stubborn stains on your laces? Remove excess dirt with laundry detergent and a soft brush like an old toothbrush. This trick works great on shoelaces from your standard pair of sneakers or tennis shoes.
- Do follow the care instructions that come with your shoes. Many shoes come with a care label with suggestions of what you should and shouldn’t do when you care for your shoes.
Don’ts for Cleaning Shoes
- Don’t use harsh cleaners or chemicals on your shoes. If you’re looking for a DIY solution to remove dirt and stains on white sneakers, for example, use a mixture of white vinegar, baking soda and warm water.
- Don’t wash the shoes by themselves. Help balance the load in the washing machine with old towels. New ones may leach excess dye that can stain your shoes.
- Don’t put non-elastic shoes in the washing machine.
- Don’t dry your shoes in the dryer on a hot setting. Wash your shoes in a delicate cycle in the washing machine. For the drying process, allow your shoes to air dry.
Why You Should Regularly Wash Your Shoes
A pair of shoes is just one way that you show your outfit and yourself to the world. Clean shoes show you take care of yourself. However, it’s about more than just appearances. Here are some important reasons why you should regularly clean and wash your shoes.
- Regularly washing your shoes will help prevent your feet from smelling. Dirty shoes are a hospitable environment for bacteria to grow. Avoid fungal growth by washing and cleaning your shoes. Allow them to air dry properly to prevent excess moisture from building up in your shoe.
- Unclean shoes can spread germs. Bacteria and grime from the outside world can quickly spread inside your home when you wear shoes inside. Clean the soles of your shoes frequently to prevent pathogens from building up on your shoes.