5 Types of Shoes to Wear to the Office
The right kind of work shoes can make or break the difference between a great day at work versus one where you’re thinking about taking off your shoes and crashing on the couch as soon as you get home. Not sure what kind of shoes you should wear to work? Don’t worry — we’ve put together this quick and helpful guide on the best five types of shoes to wear to the office and how to style them.
1. The Cape — Function meets fashion with the Cape, one of many of our cute boots for professional women. It’s a great transitional shoe between the seasons that works well whether you’re wearing it with dress pants or a cute skirt. To style the Cape with a more business casual touch, pair it with dark wash skinny jeans and a black blazer. Accessorize with a wide-brimmed hat for a more playful look.Buy Cute Boots
2. The Debi — All you have to do is slide into the Debi with a pair of your favorite jeans or any fun fall or spring outfit. It’s another seasonal transitional shoe with a comfortable heel and sling-back strap. Whether you want to wear it all day at work or for a couple of hours during cocktail hour, you’ll love the look and feel of this comfortable heel. Style it with a floral midi dress or patterned long-sleeved top and tailored trousers.
3. The Frannie — The Frannie is one of our latest additions to our comfortable wedge sandals selection. This trendy clog adds style and height to any work outfit. The faux-wood platform is the perfect option for working all day or putting a little spring in your step at your next nighttime event. The Frannie looks great with a little black dress or a cardigan and a white midi skirt. Finish off the look with layered bracelets and gold hoop earrings.
4. The Roux — We’ve talked about boots, wedges and mules, but how about a more casual look for those of us who can wear jeans and a nice top to the office? Whether your dress code is more casual or you’re just looking for supportive commuter shoes, the fashionable Roux in red, black or white is the way to go. This sporty fashion sneaker is a sleek choice for any working woman on the go. Pair it with dark denim, a neutral-toned top and a denim jacket. If you love the practical look and feel of the Roux, be sure to check out all of our cute flats.
5. The Tuffy — According to Harper’s Bazaar, the smart sneaker is a great choice for any woman working in a creative field or any work environment where a more casual dress code is allowed or even encouraged. Not to mention, a fashion sneaker is one of the most comfortable work shoes to wear to and commute home from the office. To style the Tuffy, wear it with an all-white suit set or a knitted dress. It can be worn with your favorite stylish sweater and denim jeans, too.Browse Professional Shoes for Women
To dress for success in the workplace, you’ll want to keep in mind the specific kind of work you do. While construction boots make sense for anyone who is working with bulldozers or jackhammers all day, it’ll make more sense for you to wear flats or ankle booties if you’re doing office work. Take a look at our curated selection of professional shoes for women that are suitable for a wide range of occupations — from the hairdresser working in a salon who needs more arch support to the executive who needs a comfy pair of wedges at the office.